Saturday, May 22, 2010

Artist ref: Charles Gilchrist : Sacred Geometry



Inspiration: Having spent 30 years in graphics, a lot of that time drawing straight line, I have been revelling in the playfulness afforded me from following in the footsteps of Pollock and Tapies. However, I find myself increasingly drawn to the geometry aspect of Creation as opposed to the chaos aspect. The mathematical and geometric layers of creation are the building blocks of all we see. And so I feel compelled to follow my muse to see where it leads. I find myself mesmerised in a good way by the work of Charles Gilchrist who has spent much time investigating meditational mandalas and the like. I can practically hear the atoms vibrating, the colours seem to dance and vibrate. I can only conclude that whatver message Messrs Pollock and Tapies were intended to deliver, I have another and so look forward to the revelation fed by the hours of online viewing to be had at the following sites. I am amazed at the way thes images above oscillate, forming endless patterns in the mind as it tries to resolve then into objects it is familiar with.
Quotations: Sacred geometry is satisfying to both the left and right hemisphere of the brain. Science is embracing what sacred mathemeticians have always known. Omnipotent single pointed unity unfolds into duality, and returns to unity.


No comments:

Post a Comment