Monday, May 3, 2010

Direction correction : Kristy

The essence of the feedback from tutors was: less reading and thinking and more doing. Having spent 30 years in graphics, I sense I am becoming bogged down in this triangle/geometry based project that does not seem to represent my previous free somewhat Pollock-like work. It was however in my mental in tray to be expressed and must represent some fundamental place 'space making' process I need to go though before playing again with more free flowing elements. I accept that there has to be a media, a stage, a medium, for the creation to occur in. Kristy's suggestion that I find a way to bring the two elements of 'self' together, extreme order and play, were gratefully received. Doing this would represent an integration of the two sides of my nature. >>insert sketch of 4 layer project<< This promted me to consider bringing hte elements together as represented in the sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment